Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!

what are the rules to roleplaying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what are the rules to roleplaying?

Post by ShamarDJ on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 pm

yeah im just wondering are there certain rules to role playing? i never did it before so i was just wondering what the rules were...
ShamarDJ

Post Likes : 2

View user profile http://twitter.com/ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Re: what are the rules to roleplaying?

Post by Mercy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:51 pm

The rules are usually explained at the beginning of each role-play, I'll post the first post to one of my role-plays mainly because it was well established and did well in the forums. Over 489 pages and over 7335 posts in the role-play. I think it did well.

My next post on here will not be the absolute rules, and you don't have to have them in every Roleplay you have, but they should be rather fundamental.
Mercy

Post Likes : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Mercy wrote:
Commissioner Jim Gordon, a loving father, the uprising cop, the total overall badass has been murdered. All evidence leads to the murderer leads to the one and only Batman. Has he been framed? Or did he really kill the Commissioner? If so why? Will you side with The Batman? Or side with justice?

Thats right folks! The Third and final Installment to the Epic Roleplay that all started with Abreu7's awesome Roleplay, The New Titans. This is the sequel to my own Roleplay, Gotham City's Midnight Riders. If you haven't had the chance to play either of those RPs, this is your chance. Before we begin lets talk about the rules I'm going to lay out.

The rule that is above all rules is that you must READ the rules. After all, the rules are not meant to be broken and are in fact expected to be followed very carefully. If you break a rule you will be considered for being striped of your privileges for posting. That or I will without question delete your post.

These are the rules in which every player shall abide by.

Rule 1 - Respect Each Other
There will be no flaming or insulting each other. If you can't follow this simple rule just once you will no longer be able to take part in this Role Play.

Rule 2 - No Ridiculous Characters
When you post your character sheet for your Original Character, make sure that your character isn't God-Incarnate. Invincibility is boring and cheap, and common, even Superman has his weaknesses that is apparently overabundant. Really don't overpower your character!

Rule 3 - No Spotlight
Making yourself better than everyone else and creating an arch for yourself is self-centered and conceited. Simply put, no main characters. Don't be a jerk to everyone.

Rule 4 - Spellcheck and Grammar
When you post be sure that your post has good grammar. Reread your post, process it through spellcheck. Its not going to be the end of the world if you take a little extra time in posting. Doing this will make the RP a better place to post. In addition to this rule, read other's posts! We work hard on them, so don't skip them!

Rule 5 - Thought out characters
When making your OC be sure its nothing like "He's been raised by a pack of wolves!" or "Their parents died in a cliché and overused car crash!" The point of calling a character original is to be original. I will in fact deny all characters that I seem too cliché. You must put a lot of work into your characters and it will make the RP better off.

Those are the staples of my RP, here are additional rules too..

Keep in mind!
-Killing is aloud as long as both members agree to it, but then the character who died can create a new character for replacement.
-Dual Roleplay Characters are encouraged! Just keep up with all of them and you'll be fine!
-Regaurding Costumes! No T-shirt and Jeans! Sorry guys, but I want you to look like superheroes in tights.
-Do not control other player's characters without their consent or permission! The last thing we need is confusion!
-Read everyone's Character Sheets so you know who you're dealing with!
-Preemptive strikes are not allowed! If you slice off someone's arm that would force the opposing player to play the rest of the RP armless. Be fair, do not instantly throw another player in a jam, let the other player chose the damage done to the character.
[Example: Alice shot Karmy in her stomach that penetrated into her spine, paralyzing her for life. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!]

(-I noticed some of the players of this specific RP doesn't use one thing when posting, I restrain from saying who but I will ask of you to please use LOGIC when posting!)

Follow the rules and you'll be golden!
Mercy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

ok thanks that answers a lot of question i had thank you every much ill just have to try it out one day lol
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm

I so knew you would post this, Merc. But I gotta say, a rule that's in every RP but everyone tends to break is No Calling Hits. Its just.. Hard not to
Fishing4Karma

Post Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

wait what do you mean no calling hits?
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Well if it's dice based then it's not going to happen. The hit is decided by the die.

The simple answer to no calling hits nor preemptive strikes is that you can't get another character without the permission of the other player. But the rule is lose. For example, pulling the trigger to kill another character without the consent of another character is not allowed. Punches and kicks dealt to other characters are allowed.
Mercy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:52 pm

OHHHHHHHH i understand now Smile thank you every much im gonna try playing one of these days
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:14 am

Haha yeah, RPing is very fun. I bet Mercy has had a few ideas for this site, eh Merc?
Fishing4Karma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

lol whenever you think of one just let me know Smile lol
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:50 am

You know, I always knew Forumotion had a dice-roll system, but I never know how it works. And the mods there never answer me when I asked that. >.>
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 7

View user profile http://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm

I tried rolling a some dice here but there are no dice to he rolled. There are 4, 6, and 20 sided die to roll. Once you roll a die the root admin account makes a forced post explaining the results of the dice roll, though Dice Based Roleplay is hard and difficult. Maybe we should stay away from it until Deceiver figures it out completely.

And I want to watch more Young Justice before I make an RP.
Mercy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Even then, Dice RPing is just.. Really confusing.. And yeah, there will probably be a RP set up here by the end of March XP
Fishing4Karma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Or we could just have an RP set up right now for the hell of having an RP if you want.
Mercy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 pm

yeah that sounds cool!!!
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:36 am

Well I didn't set up the dice because I didn't think we'd need it now o_o But I think I aaaalmost figured it out. Kind of.
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperboyFan19 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:00 am

What do you mean by set up an RP? Also, I'm kinda used to the RP which has the thing where you need the other player's permission to land a blow. So this will be kinda new to me. Oh and I don't use the dice roll in RPing. I only use posts. Very Happy
SuperboyFan19

Post Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 am

Set up an RP, as in, making a new thread for a new roleplay. o_O
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 am

SuperboyFan19 wrote:What do you mean by set up an RP? Also, I'm kinda used to the RP which has the thing where you need the other player's permission to land a blow. So this will be kinda new to me. Oh and I don't use the dice roll in RPing. I only use posts. Very Happy
You have permission to strike and attack other players, but you don't have permission to hit so hard that it will permanently damage their character, not without permission of course.
Mercy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top