Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!
Young Justice Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Martian

+8
teenj12
Cheshire
LostShadowSoul
Rianna Lauren
Jovial Bondservant
ShamarDJ
Mercy
DCfan100
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Miss Martian - Page 2 Empty Miss Martian

Post by DCfan100 Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Miss Martian - Page 2 449px-0.jpg

Must...resist...urge to compare with Starfire... >_> Anyway, I never thought in a million years that I would see Miss Martian in animation. But then, theres a lot of things I never thought I'd see. Loved her in the Tiny Titans comics XD so I'm excited to see what role she plays on the team. What do you guys think?
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 3

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2194396/Dcfan100

Back to top Go down

Miss Martian - Page 2 Empty Re: Miss Martian

Post by Rianna Lauren Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 am

Nah, I'm guessing the 12 sisters thing's just a joke for Artemis. And yeah, superheroes can be nice, friendly, and bubbly too. As long as they don't continuously use an annoying catchphrase, that is. X]
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 7

https://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 am

i love everything about her except the catchphrase. It. IS SO. ANNOYING.
She hides her true appearence, and according to the producers and superboy's flashbacks, she's a cheerleader at a local highschool, where she changes her skin to a human tone, and we can gather from superboy actually being there, maybe he does too?
I'd really like to see some episodes that portray the characters in school. we've only seen very short glimpses and i feel they're a little under-developed in that aspect, but the show is still young, so i have high hopes =)

Since she alters her appearence, does that mean she naturally looks more similar to Martian Manhunter?
Cheshire
Cheshire

Post Likes : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovial Bondservant Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 pm

I find it amusing that everyone seems to hate the 'catchphrase'. I don't mind it at all, I found it very befitting and oddly enough, cute for her character in this show to be like that. Definitely different from comics!M'gann, but good for the show's version here.

I have heard theories of that cheerleader being a Megan from the Hello Megan! tv show in episode 8 entitled 'Downtime' heard in Artemis' and her mother's apartment, right before Paula Crock turned off the tv. The announcer said 'next on Hello Me--' before the television was shut off. Also, in the flashback of cheerleader!Megan, you can clearly hear a laughtrack in the background.

My assumption is that that memory is of a sitcom that M'gann bases her appearance and personality off of.

I also have a question, or more accurately just a thought I'd like to share. What is with all this inter-species attraction? I guess I can see why Wally would be attracted to Megan, her physical appearance that she shows in the show is probably the only one she shows her friends, the only one he's ever seen. But don't martians have a different physical appearance other than the one they use on a day-to-day basis when with humans? Not to mention her character bio said on CN's site that she 'hides true form'. If that is the case, and martians are physically different from humans (and kryptonians for that matter) why in episode 4 (Drop Zone) did she find Superboy physically attractive? She stated how fine he would look in the stealth tech that they were all wearing for the mission and it made me laugh to think that she wanted to see him in skin-tight spandex-like suits. xD

Perhaps it is just a trait she also picked up from tv; ogling guys. xD

'she alters her appearance' I'm assuming that on Earth-16 martians look physically different than we humans do, like on New Earth and whatever earth JLU took place on (Earth-22 If I recall Correctly).
However, take into consideration that on New Earth (Mainstream comics) Miss Martian is not a regular green martian like Martian Manhunter, she is apart of the evil race of White Martians. She disguises that because should she come to earth as a white Martian she would be rejected. However, like I stated previously, Miss M from this show and that of the comics bear many differences. One being that she is not J'onn's neice in the comics so who knows what else could differe. Smile

Lastly, here is some food for thought:
Spoiler:
Jovial Bondservant
Jovial Bondservant

Post Likes : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 am

aaah jovial, i am loving your theories and hope to god they are true cos they would be some epic plottwists.
as for megan finding superboy attractive,you're right, it probably is an acquired taste from watching tv. you look at regular humans in real life who watch anime and cartoons, where the hairstyles, eyes, ect are nothing like what you'f find in real life, and those technically weird characters are considered smoking hot because the fanboys and girls have been exposed to that kind of "hot" for years and have been informed they were hot, to the point they began seeing them as hot. superboy shares all the qualities of the perfect male specimen for his age and species, thus, hot.
if any of that makes sense ^^'

hee rewatching episode 9, i forget she and superboy almost kiss. i really look forward to how their relationship develops.
the thing is though, i highly doubt if megan IS a white martian, she would have revealed her true form to superboy, since its not exactly pretty. my interperetation of her showing the hello megan sitcom and the white martian form when giving back his memories, she let him see a little of her own memories accidentally from pre-young justice.
that would mean superboy knows what she really is and doesnt care =D

...thats just my inner romantic talking though. just cos she showed him those two scenes doesnt mean he actually made the connection.
Cheshire
Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:16 pm

:l
Spoiler:
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 7

https://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 pm

I wonder how KF and Superboy will react to Miss M being a white Martian.
teenj12
teenj12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 am

kf would probably freak out..superboy would probably be mad that she lied to them.
Cheshire
Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Animeiija Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 am

since the white martians are particularly terrifying to look at I would think all of the YJ would freak out. As far as Superboy is concerned, after the initial shock he'd be curious of M'gann's new form since he seems to meet everything new with a sense of curiosity.

Animeiija

Back to top Go down

Post by FanGurl Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Miss Martian is quite awesome, guys. Sorry if I’m interrupting your conversation but I’m new. So, here in my country we’re in episode 4 or 5. But I see them on line. I’m in episode 16. M’gann is very impressive with her powers. And it’s so obvious that she has a crush on Superboy. I think they make a beautiful couple. (Well… They have to work the “couple” theme out)

She DOES NOT remember me to Starfire. (OMG I hate Starfire) I love when she says “Hello Megan” The Team has to make used to it.

She hides her true appearance. The guys would freak out to Miss M being a white Martian. And I agree to Cheshire, Superboy would probably be mad. And I agree with Animeiija, he’s too curious.

FanGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylviechic Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Agreeing with FanGurl here, I hate Starfire, too. I can see the similarities, but, for some reason, M'gann's just a much more likeable character. To me.
Sylviechic
Sylviechic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelstrom07 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 pm

she's nothing like starfire if we're comparing her to the comic version megan's not a slut starfire is again in the comics now if we're comparing her to titan animate series version then yeah I can see a few similarities Razz
Maelstrom07
Maelstrom07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum