Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!
Young Justice Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 8: Downtime

+5
SnowFallsSlow
DCfan100
SuperboyFan19
LostShadowSoul
ShamarDJ
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Episode 8: Downtime Empty Episode 8: Downtime

Post by ShamarDJ Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:24 pm

i really enjoyed the episode it is by far one of my favorites! and we finally get to see robin without his glasses or mask not to mention batman being the best dad in the world! playing ball with his son! but thats only a few things i like ill post more later im kinda busy lol
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Post Likes : 2

http://twitter.com/ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Episode 8: Downtime Empty Re: Episode 8: Downtime

Post by LostShadowSoul Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:13 pm

I loved the scene between Superboy and Miss Martain, and Red Tornado walking into the room than out on account of the akward scilence. Robin's eyes lighting uo when he went to play basketball with Bruce...so sweet. Seeing Artemis's realname and who much she cares for her mother, it gave me more of a feel to her personality. Wally get caught eating the icecream and talking with a spoon in his mouth-HA!, best signature yet Jovail. Now, to get to it, Plasmus defeating the team was actually pretty believable. I like Superboys "Head home? I am home" quip-clearly shows his dislike of being locked up in the cave. The look of pain on Aqualads face when Tula said that her and garth were together actually made me fell sorry for the guy...poor Aqualad.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Post Likes : 0
Location : Nowhere, Somewhere, the deepest depht's of your totured mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperboyFan19 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Yeah....poor Aqualady.
SuperboyFan19
SuperboyFan19

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:45 am

I thought that was Clayface, not Plasmus
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 3

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2194396/Dcfan100

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 am

yeah im pretty sure that was clayface since it was in gotham city lol but i will say that clayface looked awesome!!
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Yes-my mistake-it was Clayface(I did not saw the hand shaping into a spked mallet-I SHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT-Dumb***, why do I have to be so stupid and miss the little details?)

Still, great episode, overall.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Very cool episode indeed Very Happy
Lets see there was...
Batman taking Clayface down in under Ten seconds
An Atlantian Language, and a new grammatical structure that is far beyond my comprehension :b
Confirmation on what the Conservatory of Sorcery is. (Lots of fanfic potential there XD)
Garth being voiced by Yuri Lowenthal (Aka, Icicle Jr. Iceman and Saskue XD)
Tula being voiced by Cree Summer
I love this version of Atlantis! Smile It looks extremely awesome.
Orm didn't turn out to be a bad guy in this episode! Very Happy But we all know he'll turn somewhere down the line :b
Aqualads origin story!
The little things with Robin and Batman, Miss Martian and Superboy were both nice little bits Smile
But my favorite was definetley the one with Wally and the other Speedsters at Jay birthday. Very Happy
Black Manta...just...wow, the dude is awesome!!!
Atlantians kick much butt!
Aqualad pulled one of Robin's moves!
Megan used her catchphrase! He...hehe...mwaahahahhahaha!!!! *cough* sorry u_u
Garth, definetley not the Aqualad we're used to but he's still awesome!
The little love triangle, if I may quote IGN I think it was "How do you say 'ocuh' in Atlantian?"
Starro Lives!
Hearing Batman talk about the next mission, a huge power surge in the Biyalian Desert...we all know what that means! And if you don't read the summary for the next episode :b I didn't even know Biyalia had a desert, from BTBATB I thought they were just some small coast country.
And >_> once again ladies and gentlemen give it up for the "Everything is going as planned guys!" Darth Sidious and the Empire...I mean 'The Light'
I swear I heard Cyborg when Aqualad was fighting :b
Did I neglect to mention we get to see where Megan gets her catchphrase from? :b
Oh!!! And we got to see Alfred with yet another version of thee 'mustache'!!!
Stuff that just felt...meh
Artemis and her Mother, Well if thats not stereyoptyping of Asian mothers I don't know what is -_-

DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:27 pm

I didn't really like this episode; the best parts are the sub-stories. I really like the team dynamic and it's bumming me out that they're not spending a lot of time together.

The random speaking of a different language threw me off, too; it didn't seem to be their native language, as all of them spoke English. The dynamic between Garth and what's-her-name was interesting, and I was glad to see the use of Clayface.

SnowFallsSlow

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 am

her name was tula! the first aquagirl
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovial Bondservant Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 pm

SnowFallsSlow wrote:I didn't really like this episode; the best parts are the sub-stories. I really like the team dynamic and it's bumming me out that they're not spending a lot of time together.

The random speaking of a different language threw me off, too; it didn't seem to be their native language, as all of them spoke English. The dynamic between Garth and what's-her-name was interesting, and I was glad to see the use of Clayface.

The random usage of the language wasn't random at all, if you didn't notice, one of the Atanteans used a translation spell. That way the episode could still be done in english, while the Atlanteans still have their own language. By the way, I do like the fact that they went and made them have their own language instead of them coincidentally speaking english. xD

And, was I the only one who found the Atlantean 'salute' funny? Everytime Kaldur put his fist to his forehead I found myself smiling for no apparent reason. I have also watched the episode like, seven times and I still keep doing it. >.>

Thanks LostShadowSoul!! I liked that scene and I had to have it as my siggie. :3

As for the Artemis/Paula Crock scene, I didn't really see it as a stereotypical Asian mom, just a mom from poverty or a bad past. On one half of my family, everyone is Mexican. They've got crappy jobs like construction workers, farmers, all very laborous jobs and such. They want us to become what they couldn't, doctors, lawyers, etc. because the oppurtunity wasn't there for them. So, needless to say, I found that scene really special and believable.

This was, so far, my favourite episode. One of the things I didn't like, was the fact that Aqualad's costume is so boring, now that I've seen how the OTHER Atlanteans dress!! XD
Jovial Bondservant
Jovial Bondservant

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah...I have to agree with you on the salute, its reminded me of a legally retard boy in my class(NO OFFENSE TO RETARDED PEOPLE-they are actually quite nice and good company to keep around when you need someone who cares).

What I'm trying to say is that, the salute things looks alot like dunce move-basically saying "I'm stupid" in a non literal way. Made me laugh each time he did it.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:20 pm

I didn't find it at all strange. Ancient Egyptians kissed with there noses, nodding you head in Bulgaria means no. In Brazil forming an 'okay' sign with your hand is considered and obscene gesture. Each culture has it's own unique customs and traditions. So it makes sense for them to do something different.
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey-I mean no offense, but (like Artemis) where I come from, salutes like that mean youre going to get pumbled(or laughed at, depends on the person).

But, Yes, I have a Lithuanian cousin and I understand cultural differences. It makes sense.
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFallsSlow Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 pm

I did like the salute, and I agree with you on that point. If there was a translation spell cast, that would make the whole language bit agree with me a lot more. My issue wasn't that they did it, but that they stopped without explanation.

SnowFallsSlow

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah-and did anyone notice that when Aqualad left Atlantis, there were no effects of the water that was displayed earlier in the show?
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 am

I... haven't watched. Sad But my friend should be downloading it for me soon. I hope. >_>

DCfan100 wrote:Megan used her catchphrase! He...hehe...mwaahahahhahaha!!!! *cough* sorry u_u

Just WHAT are you exactly trying to do to me? Huh? Kill me? HUH?
...Well, *shoots self* As I promised on the other thread. ;b Then I shall become a ghost! Then I shall haunt you for the rest of your life. X]

Did I neglect to mention we get to see where Megan gets her catchphrase from? :b

Where DID she get it? o_o WAIT! Don't tell me. I should find out soon. Though I'd rather not, but. Psh. FINE. :p
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 7

https://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:39 pm

What?! It doesn't show where she got her catchphrase from!
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am

Yeah it does. :b Remember when Artemis is talking to her mother and the T.V says something along the lines of "And next on the comedy central network, an episode of Hello Me-" and then her mom turns the t.v off.
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by teenj12 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 am

I was glad that Aqualad finally gets an episode! This was decent. I enjoyed seeing what they do in their downtime (love the title by the way). The action was top notch as usual and wonderful animation for Atlantis.
teenj12
teenj12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:20 am

Guess who FINALLY watched the episode! Very Happy

Minuses first.
I sort of expected a hawt Garth, this one was kinda meh :l But okay. He didn't do much fight, and I know the show wanted to deliver the Garth-should-get-his-head-in-the-game message, but really, I'm pretty sure he's better than that. Especially he was the one who continued training when Aqualad left. And he never EVER became the Aqualad - straight to the Tempest? Geez Earth 16. Y U SO WEIRD.
HELLO MEGAN! I so did not need to hear that. D:
The Asian mom stereotype... Yeah. -___-

Pluses.
ROBIN WITHOUT GLASSES! THANK YOU! What a Face And his moments with Bruce were absolutely lovely. My favorite of the episode's little bits.
The soft side of Artemis we get to see. Also lovely.
Yay all Flashes at one place! Very Happy
Aqualad kicks ass.
Mera kicks ass. Harder.
Batman taking down Clayface at the begining - WHOO.
BLACK MANTA. Yesh. I was hoping to start to see the Aqualad-is-Black-Manta's-son hint from here, but meh, I guess we'll have more later.
Orm as a good guy - and still with the fact that he was a bad guy in the past. That fits perfectly.

Oh and. The love triangle thing. Was that supposed to be canon?
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 pm

I don't know-but Jessie Mc Cartney leaked that theres a love triangle between Sb/MM/KF and that there will be 'sexual tension'(hes Robins vocie, still don't know why they choosed him).

Ohhh....thanks DcFan-I thought that sounded familair when I heard it on the tv, I just didn't hear the 'Me-' part, my tv volume was low (I'll make sure to turn it up HIGH next time).
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:18 pm

LostShadowSoul wrote:I don't know-but Jessie Mc Cartney leaked that theres a love triangle between Sb/MM/KF and that there will be 'sexual tension'(hes Robins vocie, still don't know why they choosed him).
*whispers* Don't remind Ria who voices Robin, she gets mad :b Although I must admit, I didn't know much about McCartney before the show. I mean, I knew he was a singer for the beatles but thats about it.

Ohhh....thanks DcFan-I thought that sounded familair when I heard it on the tv, I just didn't hear the 'Me-' part, my tv volume was low (I'll make sure to turn it up HIGH next time).
No prob
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostShadowSoul Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I smirk that she got her catchphrase from a comedy show-know wonder she brunt her cookies...
LostShadowSoul
LostShadowSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovial Bondservant Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:03 pm

LOL!! A singer for the Beatles. xDDD
I knew he was a pop singer, but I hadn't ever heard anything from him that I could recall. I think he does Dick Grayson justice though, I like it. I remember when I heard his VA announced, I went and looked up 'Body Language' by Jesse McCartney and got it stuck in my head for ages. XD

....oddly enough, I like that song. O_o
Sadly enough, none of his songs would work for a Robin AMV. At least not that I know of yet. xD

Ha, ha! I heard th 'Hello Meh---' thing on the tv too. xD

One odd thing that I remember was that I was reading 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' before the episode so when Barry Allen takes Wally's dinner plate and Wally says 'Thanks Uncle Barry' I though he said 'Huckleberry'. XDDD

Of course...I'm easily amused with odd little things like that.... >.>
Jovial Bondservant
Jovial Bondservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 am

DCfan100 wrote:
LostShadowSoul wrote:I don't know-but Jessie Mc Cartney leaked that theres a love triangle between Sb/MM/KF and that there will be 'sexual tension'(hes Robins vocie, still don't know why they choosed him).
*whispers* Don't remind Ria who voices Robin, she gets mad :b

Oh no, no, I'm all over it. Really. :] *hides McCartney's photo that I added mustache, beard, and rotten teeth on with red markers*
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next