Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Young Justice Fan Forum
Welcome to our Young Justice fan forum! Very Happy Here's the place for fans to discuss about their favorite show and communicate to other fans from all around the world!

You are not logged in. Please log in or register yourself to enjoy the forum at its maximum - interact with other users, post messages, and contribute to our forums!
Young Justice Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 1 and 2: Independence Day

+4
Rianna Lauren
DCfan100
SnowFallsSlow
ShamarDJ
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Episode 1 and 2: Independence Day Empty Episode 1 and 2: Independence Day

Post by ShamarDJ Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:51 pm

ok i just want to hear everyone thoughts on the first young justice episode
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Post Likes : 2

http://twitter.com/ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Episode 1 and 2: Independence Day Empty Re: Episode 1 and 2: Independence Day

Post by SnowFallsSlow Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm

I was a little disappointed with the way they handled Speedy. The only thing he did wrong was desert the group too early and by himself. So, I guess that's saying when you desert, there's strength in numbers.

Aside from that, it was a really good pair of episodes. I was pleased to see Robin a little mischievous, hacking systems with those wicked gloves of his. The bit about hacking the motion sensors showcased the level of intelligence he's going to have, his planning skills and cunning. It'll take this Teen Titans fan a little time to get used to the fact he's not team leader and to get out of the serious mindset, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

The new Aqualad is interesting; I'm not really sure how his powers work, which bugs me a little, but I'm intrigued.

Kid Flash is and always has been one of my favorite characters. I'm very happy with the way he turned out and I really look forward to seeing more of him onscreen.

Superboy has an interesting relationship with the rest of the group; I'm looking forward to watching that pan out and develop.

I'm curious as to Speedy's fate and hoping that Miss Martian is an interesting character.

All in all, I have high hopes.

SnowFallsSlow

Post Likes : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:54 pm

SnowFallsSlow wrote:I was a little disappointed with the way they handled Speedy. The only thing he did wrong was desert the group too early and by himself. So, I guess that's saying when you desert, there's strength in numbers.

Aside from that, it was a really good pair of episodes. I was pleased to see Robin a little mischievous, hacking systems with those wicked gloves of his. The bit about hacking the motion sensors showcased the level of intelligence he's going to have, his planning skills and cunning. It'll take this Teen Titans fan a little time to get used to the fact he's not team leader and to get out of the serious mindset, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

The new Aqualad is interesting; I'm not really sure how his powers work, which bugs me a little, but I'm intrigued.

Kid Flash is and always has been one of my favorite characters. I'm very happy with the way he turned out and I really look forward to seeing more of him onscreen.

Superboy has an interesting relationship with the rest of the group; I'm looking forward to watching that pan out and develop.

I'm curious as to Speedy's fate and hoping that Miss Martian is an interesting character.

All in all, I have high hopes.

yeah i enjoyed the episodes to and the motion sensers part was one of my favorites and it did show how smart he is! BUT if you go back and watch the episodes on youtube you can see that every move they made was robins orders he dicided to go there in the 1st place it was his idea to go to project Kr he set the trap for blockbuster and ordered them what to do so even if they say that aqua lad is the leader it looked like robin was doing the leading to me BUT i did

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

hear that in one of jesse mccartney blogs he said that robin and aqua lad both know that robin is suppose to be the leader but robin doesnt think hes ready...

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

END

and yeah kid flash is one of my favorites to and i love that him and robin are best friends in this show and my guess is that superboy might need some time to adjust to normal life
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Personally I loved the premiere. I've always been a big fan of Greg Wiesmans work, Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider Man and all those eps of TB and BTBATB he wrote. The animation was sleek, the designs were great, there are some great one liners, the characters are like able but then again, a show really has to suck for me to dislike it Razz If i had to complain about one thing, it's the inclusion of Miss Martian, it just felt a little forced but its understandable and it is just IMO.
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 3

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2194396/Dcfan100

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:52 pm

DCfan100 wrote:Personally I loved the premiere. I've always been a big fan of Greg Wiesmans work, Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider Man and all those eps of TB and BTBATB he wrote. The animation was sleek, the designs were great, there are some great one liners, the characters are like able but then again, a show really has to suck for me to dislike it Razz If i had to complain about one thing, it's the inclusion of Miss Martian, it just felt a little forced but its understandable and it is just IMO.

yeah im a fan of gregs work also and did you know he has a website where you can ask him questions and he awnsers them? if not here is the link http://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/archives.php?lid=617 and i loved every minute of the show!! and yeah the animation was the best i seen in a while from a tv show!! and if you look on that site you can see the reasons he didnt include her earlier. but honestly it was the best super hero cartoon i seen in a while!! i just hate that some people are to stubburn to watch it because they think its a teen titans rip off....which its not!!! lol
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 am

I love that website! Though he can get pretty crazy at times Smile Yeah, this premire was seriously awesome a lot better than a lot of super hero cartoons. Avengers EMH was pretty good to imo, but I think YJ is going to give it a serious run for its money. And how the heck would this be a TT ripoff? XD The fan dumb, go figure.
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 am

I'll copy straight from my Tumblr. ;P

I have a mixed review regarding this show, at first.

Let’s start with the plus.

On first impression, I’ll say the show looks pretty cool. Animation is superb, I can’t tell you how much I love the animation. It’s indescribable. Reminded me of JL and JLU at some points. The fighting scenes are badass, really good fighting-choreography going on there. It’s been a while since I’ve actually seen GOOD fighting scenes like those. The characters seem to have their own strengths and weaknesses, each in a different way. I haven’t seen a Mary Sue or Gary Stu so far. The story flowed really well. The voice actors were great. Well, MOST of them, anyway.

Now, the minus.

With the voice actor thing, I was referring to Jesse McCartney. I absolutely do not like how he voiced Robin there, even though I loved his songs and all. Robin’s voice sounded kinda off-key. And the whole “we’re not sidekicks” thing is a liiiiitle bit overdone. Especially with Speedy ._. A bit drama-queen-ish.

Things I lol at.

Aqualad isn’t wearing any shoes. XD And the fact that they’re setting it on Earth 16 just to cover the oddness of having Dick, Wally, Roy, Conner, AND the new Aqualad (Jackson Hyde?) in one generation. Nice move.
Things I wish they would put in.
Zatanna, instead of Zatara. Though I did hear she will show up eventually, but they better have a good reason for not putting her in the first place.
Amanda Waller. What’s Cadmus without a Waller? Razz *grew up with JLU where there’s Waller when there’s Cadmus*

Teeny tiny bits I like.

Aqualad’s voice. Soft, but I was totally glad Khary was in there and I keep having flashes of images of Cyborg in my head. Smile And some of Wally’s jokes, and the quote by one of the citizen/press:
“Hey, it’s Flash Jr.!”
“No, his name’s Speedy!”
“Speedy’s Green Arrow’s sidekick!”
“Well that makes no sense.”
Or something along those lines.

Teeny tiny bits I do not like.

Wonder Woman’s animation. It’s like they’re not even trying, like they don’t want her to be there. It’s not even shaded, darn it. And Zatara’s italian accent… Is he supposed to have that? o_o

Sooo in conclusion…

In conclusion, as I said, mixed reviews. But then again every animated show has its strengths and weaknesses, including Teen Titans, Justice League (Unlimited), and even Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Did you know that at first I absolutely hate Teen Titans? And also that I threw a crumpled paper on the TV when they premiered Batman: The Brave and The Bold? Razz Well now you do. I turn out to like - no, LOVE - those series in the end. Teen Titans, because of all the awesome plots and great mix of humor and emotion at the same time, despite my dislike towards Japanese-styled art. And Batman: The Brave and The Bold… I couldn’t resist having that many DC characters popping in one animated series. And despite the childishness or corniness or retro-ness it has, it still gives me great plots and it is a great tribute to many less-known characters in DC who actually deserve some attention.
Every show has its flaws, AND strengths. We haven’t seen everything, and from many experiences I learn that first impressions aren’t everything. I say let’s give it a chance. Very Happy
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 7

https://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoahitsAriel Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 pm

I don't really have much experience with hero shows other than Teen Titans, but I have to say the show really caught my eye. Great animation, a nice story line, and badass action Razz Really looking forward to the newest episodes.
WhoahitsAriel
WhoahitsAriel

Post Likes : 0

http://www.twitter.com/WhoahitsAriel

Back to top Go down

Post by ShamarDJ Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm

ok im not sure if everyone here has seen the first to episodes or not BUT if you did here goes a sneak peak of episode 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbN88-Ypnnc But be warned if you havent see the 1st two episodes you might run into a couple SPOILERS Very Happy
ShamarDJ
ShamarDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

To start my little rant on Young Justice all I really have are continuity complaints and maybe a little rant on Robin's voice actor.

I expected that the Robin they were using was going to be Tim Drake, it would only make sense cause of the costume and timeline the show seems to take place in. It would also give Tim some more screen time; huge fan of Tim. But no, it's Dick Grayson. As much as I love Dick (no pun) he doesnt belong here. I mean they're showcasing the new Aqualad. If they're using Dick it has to be in the past, pre-Teen Titans. So that bit is really questionable. Also, though I grew accustomed to Robin's voice actor, I still had a problem with him. Kid Flash and Aqualad sound much more developed than Robin who seems to have a lisp.

Well those were all my thoughts before I actually saw the first episode. When I sat down to watch it I kept those things in mind but by the end of it I couldn't even remember why I thought it wasn't going to be good. I loved the new darker turn they're going with this show. Right off the bat, I'm looking forward to more. The animation is downright gorgeous and honestly compares to such animated movies like Appleseed, the characters are funny, and yes comedy is important, the story wrapped itself around my head so tightly that it really does have my attention now. I really am looking forward to more.
Mercy
Mercy

Post Likes : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 pm

The sad thing is that they use the "we ARE on a parallel Earth, Earth-16, so don't expect things to be usual" reason for the messed up generation and continuity. Whew.

And Shamar, no off topic posts please.
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Wow that's an easy way to advertise your characters. Honestly I think they only wanted the new Aqualad because he's black. They wanted racial diversity, not that I hate black people, my best friend is black. But we both agree it would have been easier if this took place after in the Teen Titans Timeline where we had mullet Aqualad.
Mercy
Mercy

Back to top Go down

Post by DCfan100 Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Well there is the continuity thing to. Garth will be appearing in the show as Aqualads best friend and Geoff Johns wanted to introduce the new Aqualad to hype up Blackest Night 4# or something. Plus, he's supposed to be Black Mantas son. Something that would not have worked with the original Aqualad...but yeah it's probably because he's black.
DCfan100
DCfan100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah, this Jackson Hyde Aqualad appearance is supposed to somehow support his version in Brightest Day (not Blackest Night DC, lol). It's Geoff Johns stuff. So... okay. >_>
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 am

Garh! What is this Brightest Day Blackest Night mumbo jumbo? I only know the name cause DC Direct won't release anything else when I've been begging for some better figures! I only see it as a bad action figure line D:
Mercy
Mercy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:42 am

Brightest Day, that's the latest DC storyline after Blackest Night. o_o It sounds so awesome. Really need to google for it.
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:50 am

Yeah I read a free comic from Brightest Day I think about The Birds of Prey but... Otherwise I know nothing of it.
Mercy
Mercy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:37 am

Birds of Prey? o_o Envy.
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovial Bondservant Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:23 pm

I feel a little out-of-place, posting my oppinion of the episodes long after everyone has already talked about it, but here goes.

Firstly, this episode just plain looks good. MOI animation really outdid themselves, some of the best animation in a series I personally have ever seen. The character designs were also really good, I loved how most of the characters looked. With no offense to the old JL/JLU series, I like the anatomy of the characters better here in Young Justice, the male body shape was much less exaggerated. However, I will say this, I do prefer the Martian Manhunter of the Justice League over Young Justice. In fact, I am rather picky when it comes to how Martian Manhunter looks and I have always chosen the JL design as my favourite. Smile

The writing was good, easy enough for the younger ones in my family to understand, or at least get the jist of without having to ask me questions all the time during an episode. xD The episode wasn't boring of course, I quite enjoyed it. As has been stated before, I wasn't too happy with Roy's temper tantrum, so I do hope that we get to see a more in-depth look at what's going on with Speedy.

I honestly did not have a problem with any of the voices. Even though I was wary of Jesse McCartney voicing Robin in the beginning, I found his voice suits the depiction of Dick Grayson just fine, in fact Robin ties with Kid Flash as my current favourite. Smile
I like hearing Khary Payton as Aqualad, it is different but the same as Cyborg's voice while not quite being Herald's voice, both of which are from Teen Titans. I like it very much, Kaldur'ahm could be an interesting character. I am wary of him being the leader though. Throughout the episodes it seemed as though it was Robin leading them and I read in the profile on CN's site that he's a Daydreamer. xD I am certainly interested in seeing how his character is and how he develops. Smile
Jason Spisak did AWESOME as Kid Flash. I was grinning like an idiot over every line he said. Lines that wouldn't be interesting to hear he made interesting "Trust? They don't even trust us with the basics! They've got a secret HQ, in space!!" He also does well as the humourous character, without being too much of an annoyance. "Got your nose!!" The last thing I want to say is that I am very happy with this character because while he is the comedy relief character, he's also shown to be very smart; he easily knew and pointed out the Kr atomic symbol showing he's no dummy. Yep, I can't express how much I liked the character. Smile
Superboy was really good as well. I don't know what i was expecting really, but I was really happy with the overall voice. His character looks to be filled with angst, which is always something I enjoy, oddly enough. I really can't wait to see more of him.
When I first heard who they cast as Speedy, I got excited. To be honest, I don't think I had ever heard his voice before, but I knew his name. I don't watch a lot of anime, but I have watched a bit and I was eagerly awaiting the release of the DuRaRaRa!! english dub in which Crispin was cast as Shizuo. Now, because I love both Shizuo AND Roy Harper I made it my mission to find and listen to some of his other work to get a "preview" of what he would sound like. This is how I ended up watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. T_T Anyway!! I really like his voice for the character, of course I am now under the impression that Roy is about 17/18 years old. I didn't really like that he's not a main character, so I am really anticipating his return. He also looks like an angry/angsty character. x3
Miss Martian looks to be the "cute" or naive character, though she does seem to me like she has more of a grasp on our Earthly ways than Starfire did in Teen Titans. The idea of her being Martian Manhunter's niece seems odd though, I want to see how they work with that. Her voice actress did well also. Smile
Can't wait to see Artemis, I predicted her to be my favourite character way back in July and I want to see how close I am. xDD There is one thing I want to note, I saw a picture of her character profile that will be on CN's site in the future and she's supposed to be...
Spoiler:
Anyway, loved the premiere and I can't wait to see more episodes.
Also, I really want to see Barbara Gordon(and perhaps Donna Troy??) appear!! :O

Last edited by Jovial Bondservant on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed spoilers)
Jovial Bondservant
Jovial Bondservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:12 am

Spoiler:

YES! Thank you. Exactly my point there!
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Wait then who's Green Arrow's brother or sister?
Fishing4Karma
Fishing4Karma

Post Likes : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovial Bondservant Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm

I had always believed him to be an only child, as far as I know, he has no siblings.
Jovial Bondservant
Jovial Bondservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm

So... Then how is she his niece?
Fishing4Karma
Fishing4Karma

Post Likes : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovial Bondservant Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:58 pm

That's kind of what I'm wondering, unless Oliver has a sibling I'm unaware of, this niece thing is full of holes. >: P
Jovial Bondservant
Jovial Bondservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 pm

They better come up with a logical explanation later.

And... Hahah. So much for spoiler tags. :b
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down